LOTR converisons with WGF

Share your conversion (mashup) projects with the community!

LOTR converisons with WGF

Postby THEONEKING » 30 Sep 2014, 20:13

Gonna have to post pics when I am done, but for folks who like GW's LOTR and Hobbit lines, you can make awesome stand ins with these and conversions, the orcs are great and I love making the celts into dunlendings.
THEONEKING

Re: LOTR converisons with WGF

Postby bvandewalker » 01 Oct 2014, 12:33

Yeah, the WGF orcs should work great for LOTR since they are basically classic D&D orcs which are just copies of the ones from Tolkien's books.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Jack007 » 01 Oct 2014, 17:17

Im very eager to see some of these, both your Orcs and your conversions.
IMHO, the Persians, would do a great job in place of the Haradrim aka, Southrons. The mail clad 'Hammer of the Gods' miniatures, with the proper helmet, would make a pretty close, to very good 'stand in' as you put it, for the Men of Numenor. However lacking any plate armored miniatures, Gondor or Highelves would be a challenge to say the least.

This kind of reopens the discussion on the.."Whats next for the Fantasy Line?" Elves or Dwarves? :?:
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Lord_Bryon » 02 Oct 2014, 10:46

Jack007 wrote:This kind of reopens the discussion on the.."Whats next for the Fantasy Line?" Elves or Dwarves? :?:

I vote Dwarves...
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby Lonnie » 03 Oct 2014, 07:27

We've got men fairly well covered with Vikings and Saxons but could use some generic knights. For other races I'd like to see, in order:

1) Elves
2) Dwarfs
3) Zombies/Ghouls
4) Goblins
5) Beastmen like Satyrs and Centaurs
6) Trolls
7) Dryads
8) Lizard men
9) Mummies
10) Demons

What I'd like to see is a full range of each of these main themes. So "Elves", for example, would have bowmen, hand-to-hand troops, cavalry and, maybe, a war machine. We'd also like a set of comprehensive rules to go with the sets and army lists.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby 1classybadger » 03 Oct 2014, 09:20

this sounds like a prime time reopen the fantasy line discussion.
1classybadger
Commander

Postby TheInsane » 03 Oct 2014, 21:38

Lonnie wrote:We've got men fairly well covered with Vikings and Saxons but could use some generic knights. For other races I'd like to see, in order:

1) Elves
2) Dwarfs
3) Zombies/Ghouls
4) Goblins
6) Trolls
7) Dryads
8) Lizard men
9) Mummies
10) Demons

What I'd like to see is a full range of each of these main themes. So "Elves", for example, would have bowmen, hand-to-hand troops, cavalry and, maybe, a war machine. We'd also like a set of comprehensive rules to go with the sets and army lists.

Some of these could be lumped together in an army, like the zombies and ghouls, you'd put the in with the mummies and skeletons for an undead horde. Goblins and trolls could be put together with orcs to make a 'Green Skin' horde. The beastmen, and dryads could either be an army in and of themselves, or they could be oined with the elves, or allied with the elves. I suppose, just to round things out, you could put the lizardmen in with the demons to make an army from hell. The real question is this... Will there be a set of rules? The other question is... What set of rules could I use for Imaginations? Okay, that second question isn't really for this thread, but I wanted to ask anyway.
TheInsane
Crewman

Postby bvandewalker » 06 Oct 2014, 20:49

Lonnie wrote:We've got men fairly well covered with Vikings and Saxons but could use some generic knights. For other races I'd like to see, in order:

1) Elves
2) Dwarfs
3) Zombies/Ghouls
4) Goblins
6) Trolls
7) Dryads
8) Lizard men
9) Mummies
10) Demons

Why not just make the fantasy races (or their background myth appropriate counterparts) to match up with the historic lines you already have, that way you don't need to make generic knights or Europeanish fantasy troops at this point and you will have some unique fantasy sets that can still fulfill the standard fantasy army lists in addition to the not so standard ones (like your Orcs already do).
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Jack007 » 07 Oct 2014, 03:20

I wrote a post then, I moved it to "Additions to the Fantasy Line" where it should be.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby wmyers » 11 Oct 2014, 20:52

Lonnie wrote:We've got men fairly well covered with Vikings and Saxons but could use some generic knights.

Is this a hint for a theme to come? :D

Personally, I think the popularity of the medieval period would guarantee high sales - especially considering the quality we are seeing with the latest sets!
wmyers
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Kit and Figure Conversions