Hello folks!

General wargaming related discussions.

Re: Hello folks!

Postby Jack007 » 13 Mar 2014, 17:37

*Strawhat,

Im pretty sure its IE 7. I had considered updating to 8, but heard a lot of negative feed back when I went to the net to do so. As such I left well enough alone. Also I have tried logging in with Mozilla, no luck.
Ironically, I had actually first remade my acct. from my 'ancient' home comp. but as of yet, still unable to sign on from it. Thanks for the help and suggestions just the same. Its appreciated.

Mrinku!
Glad to be back and thanks. As you may have guessed from reading the above, it seems for the time being, I will being only posting when (once again) I get to the library (they have "real' computers lol) and bypassing my 'tin can & string' at home.

Im really glad I was able to bring along Max, (avatar) and got it too upload today.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby mrinku » 13 Mar 2014, 22:08

Forget IE - get Chrome. But I am puzzled that you're having issues with IE7. I wonder if it's something to do with your security settings. Sometimes if they're set too high they can block stuff.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Strawhat » 13 Mar 2014, 22:29

I will second mrinku's recommendation of Chrome. I switched over to Firefox, and loved Firefox...until I tried Chrome. I haven't looked back since!

I can't say too much about Explorer, as I only use it at work (I don't make the rules), but we were just upgraded (I think to 8) and it seems to be doing nicely.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Mike L. » 17 Mar 2014, 21:48

Lonnie, it occurs to me I forgot to say thanks for the time and effort you spent on the eye painting post/tutorial. I am going to try it out the next time I can get off my ....tail...and pick up the brush again. I seem to be suffering from some kind of block...I think it's from looking at too many pro/near pro painted minis, and thinking that my work will never match up. Psyching myself out, I guess. :oops:
Mike L.

Postby Lonnie » 18 Mar 2014, 07:34

You're welcome Mike,

I know what you mean. I worked for years with painters who ranged from sloppy to Golden Daemon winners (literally, I worked closely with no fewer than 6-GD winners) and I have to force myself to sit at my painting table because "nothing is quite good enough".
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Potter » 31 Mar 2014, 10:00

Hi Lonnie, good to meet you and nice new forum mate!

Jack! Mrinku! Great to see some familiar faces-On a forum that works!!! (even if it appears I've lost all my old posts...hey out with the old and all that, still good to see you all
Potter
Cadet

Postby Lonnie » 31 Mar 2014, 10:35

Hello Potter,

Glad to have you; we like our new forums quite a bit too. I've been with WGF since the very beginning of the company, mostly lingering in the background, so I "know" most of you from Lefora. Feel free to ask me anything...not saying that I'll give you a straight answer, especially regarding products in transit or on the design block, but you will get an answer. :twisted:
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Potter » 31 Mar 2014, 16:40

Mike L. wrote:Lonnie, it occurs to me I forgot to say thanks for the time and effort you spent on the eye painting post/tutorial. I am going to try it out the next time I can get off my ....tail...and pick up the brush again. I seem to be suffering from some kind of block...I think it's from looking at too many pro/near pro painted minis, and thinking that my work will never match up. Psyching myself out, I guess. :oops:

Amen to that-I know the feeling. It's very easy to get down and think 'I'll never match that' or 'Why do I bother' and want to give up-Goodness knows I've been in that fugue lots of times and no doubt will again.

Occasionally I'll think 'Why bother?' or see some stunning figures online or in a magazine and be all 'Geez the kids 11 and he's already wiping the floor with me and I've been painting 29 years off and on'.

However, it's what you get out of the hobby that counts.I know I'll never be Golden Rod standard, let alone Golden Demon , but I enjoy painting for fun and it's my way of relaxing.

Sometimes I'll get so down with others work I'll want to hang up my brushes because I see no point in it. Then I see a fig I like, or get an idea and it's like an itch-I have to paint and get back in to enjoying it. I don't care if anyone else thinks my stuff stinks, I like it and try to keep on improving and thats the main thing imho.
Potter
Cadet

Postby Mac » 01 Apr 2014, 17:23

I paint cause I like it. Won't ever win a contest, but I do enjoy it and do like saying that here is my army/faction/squad, and I painted them all.
And I like watching tutorials and trying new stuff. . .so Good Job!
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Postby Corporal-Chaos » 21 Apr 2015, 18:15

Seems that I'm bringing an old thread back to life. Just joined up. I have discovered WGF and have been working on my zombies and survivor kits. Hope to get more kits as I'm a beard you fella with a passion for miniature soldiers and the random game. Hope to see all of you on the boards.
Corporal-Chaos
Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions