make seven rules

General wargaming related discussions.

make seven rules

Postby bobo » 12 Jul 2015, 07:36

Hi here are some rules i have been working on

After play testing with my brother i have removed morale and simplified combat, this makes the rules ultra simple ,maybe to simple ? but its how me and my brother liked to play.

The rules and points
Make_seven_1.1.0.zip
(173.89 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

Fantasy (skirmish) version 1.0
Because of the file size its on dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3m547hao5vyz ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Zombies and survivors (skirmish)
Zombies&Survivors_0.9.6.zip
(216.54 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Last edited by bobo on 02 Aug 2015, 09:56, edited 22 times in total.
bobo

Postby bobo » 22 Jul 2015, 09:17

Feudal Japan
Feudal_Japan_0.9.6.zip
(207.63 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Viking Raids
Viking_Raids_0.9.6.zip
(211.68 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Last edited by bobo on 30 Jul 2015, 08:35, edited 2 times in total.
bobo

Re: make seven rules

Postby zedeyejoe » 23 Jul 2015, 03:50

Very nice, short and sweet.

One comment (fantasy rules) when rolling to save hits, who rolls attacker or owing player?
zedeyejoe
Cadet

Postby bobo » 23 Jul 2015, 06:02

First of all tank you.

For your question the owning player rolls defense.

I have re read the the section on defense, and it reads as if the attacker rolls defense,in my head it was always the defender, ill rework the section and upload new version.

//bobo
bobo

Postby zedeyejoe » 24 Jul 2015, 10:14

Not at all, thats why its worth others reading through it.
zedeyejoe
Cadet

Postby Jack007 » 22 Sep 2015, 14:10

Bobo,

I took *Joe's suggestion and looked over your rules, very nice. Im curious (more builder than gamer here) did you do the Viking/Saxon, Skeleton and Orcs yourself?Either way, they look really great.
I see some of the Orcs (probably a WIP) were not yet flocked, it reminded me, how for decades that is how I would do all of my bases (ultra simple) just paint them green (grass) and call it done. Ironically it was a lot of people here that got me to 'take the time' to do the flocking.. yep it wasnt that hard and really looks better.

But as I was saying about the orc's, those are some of the best pics and models I've seen, so much so there causing me to reconsider getting them myself.
Best of luck with the project and your models!
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby bobo » 24 Sep 2015, 11:22

Hi Jack

Yes i did the models, im very happy how the turned out.
I think maybe my crappy 2012 cell phone camera actually helps by not showing all the details ;)
If you dont have the orcs then get some, tons of posing options and really fun to paint.

For the basing yep got lazy toward the end and skipt some steps , this was a vacation project , im hopping to do zombies and survivors next time i have some time off from work.

Happy painting //Bobo
bobo

Postby bvandewalker » 25 Sep 2015, 17:28

Actually I think you did a fine job with the orcs paint wise and your humans aren't bad (you might have done something to make the wizard more wizardly before or during painting, but what you have works okay ;) ).

I love the orcs (have three boxes of them and must get more at some point... when I have money :lol: ), I was using them to make yokai troops (mixing them up with my WGF Ashigaru and Samurai bits), but I like them just as orcs too. The fun thing about them (in my humble opinion ;) ) is that you can arm them with weapons from other WGF "slash and stabby" sets with no trouble and you can even equip them with weapons from some of the mantic sets such as the dwarven hammers, Baslian swords and spears, the loose weapons in the undead sets (so you can build an orc army were no two orcs are armed the exact same way :D ).

out of curiosity has anyone gotten this to go with their WGF orc hoard:

It is one of those things that is on my to get list.
bvandewalker
Captain

Return to General Discussions