Product Line-Up Changes at WGF due to Warlord

General wargaming related discussions.

Re: Product Line-Up Changes at WGF due to Warlord

Postby zedeyejoe » 02 Jan 2016, 03:13

Just got the Warlord Games trade list, still no WGF product in the lists (unless you count the starter sets).
zedeyejoe
Cadet

Postby Strawhat » 04 Jan 2016, 20:19

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/01/ ... -game.html

Just putting this out there.

I'm not saying it's Warlord, but it could explain why the retooled zombies, bikers, etc. have yet to show themselves.

On the "it's not Warlord" side of the argument, unless they're retooling the Vixens, I don't think that they match. But that doesn't mean that there couldn't be some sort of upgrade sprue or resin pack.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Tripod » 05 Jan 2016, 04:15

They have a wargames factory look to the sculpting style.
Let's hope this is true and we see them sometime soon. I have just asked Warlord about the release dates for the hessians,artillery,zombies and bikers. Still waiting for a reply. If I get anything positive I will post it here.
Fingers crossed.....
Tripod
Chief

Postby Strawhat » 05 Jan 2016, 15:55

*sigh* It would seem that Mantic have The Walking Dead.

It was fun to hope for the brief time though. Hopefully Warlord will get off their collective backside and get the WGF minis out there. Mantic already have affordable minis, but WGF have a whole line ready to go!
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Tripod » 05 Jan 2016, 18:42

Warlord tell me that they are preparing new box art for the 20 or so sets they are carrying(don't know which 20). They said that the W.S.S sets are the most advanced in the process, but didn't confirm or deny the zombies or bikers.
I guess we will have to keep checking their newsletters.
New distributor same old frustrations.
Tripod
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 09 Jan 2016, 02:42

Strawhat wrote:http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/01/mystery-someones-making-a-walking-dead-minis-game.html

Just putting this out there.

I'm not saying it's Warlord, but it could explain why the retooled zombies, bikers, etc. have yet to show themselves.

Actually that is being done by Mantic, and from the rumors it looks to be little more than Franchise driven rehash of that one Character driven Skirmish game that WGF teamed up with for awhile (was it Zed or Alive :?: ). Anyway you can look up more here if you want:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/the-walking- ... ures-game/

http://www.beastsofwar.com/the-walking- ... -dead-war/

Not really my thing, but if it turns out to be a mass combat game, let me know.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Strawhat » 10 Jan 2016, 01:20

Yup. Caught that it was Mantic the next day.

I figured there would have been a couple days of radio silence before the company behind it was revealed.

There do look to be some elements that operate in a similar fashion to ZoA, but I don't think that they're working together. Rust Devil has been largely radio-silent due to some family health issues. Frankly, I'm not confident that the rest of the work on the ZoA KS will be completed.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Lord Marcus » 20 Mar 2016, 20:56

I am extremely annoyed at the prospect of the death of the historical ancients line, which was my bread and butter for conversions. The Persians and Greeks and Vikings especially.

I am further annoyed by the non-showing of the skeleton kit. I am in need of several of them and can't find them anywhere.
Lord Marcus
Crewman

Postby mrinku » 21 Mar 2016, 13:46

Some old stock of WGF historical sprues did pop up on the Warlord website. Since they do fit in with Warlord's product lines we may see them return, especially if they don't overlap with existing kits.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby wmyers » 24 Mar 2016, 15:11

Lord Marcus wrote:I am extremely annoyed at the prospect of the death of the historical ancients line, which was my bread and butter for conversions. The Persians and Greeks and Vikings especially.

I am further annoyed by the non-showing of the skeleton kit. I am in need of several of them and can't find them anywhere.

I have noted that on eBay one can still get WGF sets at not too expensive a price (about the regular price on this site).

The newest Zed/Apocalypse releases from Warlord will have one sprue of figures in them for 15 Pounds! A, roughly, 300% price increase.

Wayland Games' website has them listed and the release dates (over 50 days until the Spec-Ops single sprue set comes out - they have it discounted from Warlord's price for only 12 Pounds for a whopping total of 8 figures!)

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/project-z-the-zombie-miniatures-game/28791-project-z-special-operations-team-expansion
wmyers
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions