Test of Honour

General news regarding Wargaming. Discuss any up coming events and conventions, great rules sets etc.

Test of Honour

Postby coachB » 17 Feb 2017, 09:05

Have any of you seen the new Warlord Games Samurai Skirmish game, Test of Honour?

Looks very interesting and I get to use my WGF Samurai minis. Check out the game, I think the main rules are still a free download on Warlord's website.

Have fun!
coachB

Re: Test of Honour

Postby Tripod » 01 Mar 2017, 16:25

Yes,looks interesting. They are also releasing all the WSS sets as well. No sign of any new Wargames factory items though.I doubt we will ever know what was in the pipeline!
Tripod
Chief

Postby Tripod » 01 Mar 2017, 16:25

Yes,looks interesting. They are also releasing all the WSS sets as well. No sign of any new Wargames factory items though.I doubt we will ever know what was in the pipeline!
Tripod
Chief

Postby wmyers » 04 Jun 2017, 11:42

In a way I am kind of surprised this forum still gets posts (I came here while looking for images of the ancient German cavalry and infantry - thinking they could be used for Dacians - I'm being lazy and not going to the garage this morning to look at the figures in the boxes ... (or cello wrapped bags, as it might be)).

A friend bought the Test of Honour game and said the rules are pretty simple, but he has not played it yet - just built the figures. He was surprised to find out they are Wargames Factory and you would get so many in a box for so cheap from Wargames Factory (as compared to the, literal, outrageous pricing from Warlord).

As for what is in the pipeline - I wonder if there are regrets regarding the distribution deal with Warlord? The WGF sets seem to be just secondary and the games not promoted at all. Look what happened with the zombie game - dead before it ever got off the ground (pun intended)!
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby 1classybadger » 07 Jun 2017, 14:37

I picked up a kit of the modern troopers fromm the zombie game, and found them to be a useful kit, although I will probably never play the game itself.
1classybadger
Commander

Postby Strawhat » 10 Jun 2017, 18:59

I don't know that the game is dead, but let's be realistic. Warlord is the late-comer to the field that's been over-run by Zombicide and a few other games.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Return to General Wargaming News