28 mm miniatures with individual character

Share your painted figures and painting projects; painting tips and techniques.

Re: 28 mm miniatures with individual character

Postby wmyers » 08 Sep 2015, 20:54

Jack007 wrote:Hmm from a company that was at first at its best a "Good miniature maker, that became a Great miniature maker, then to basically a Subcontractor for others, now being the platform for Kickstarter promotions".
(sigh) Yea.. the curtain is really coming down on a good thing. :cry:

Yup, Lonnie would have deleted this thread as soon as it appeared, I think. PM'd the poster and told him why and how it could be changed to follow the forum rules.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Paul » 09 Sep 2015, 20:36

I admit I was little taken back that Sergey chose to make his first and only posts on our forum to promote his own miniatures and kickstarter. But admittedly I'm pretty chill about moderating at this point, might as well let Sergey have his moment. Best of luck to him.

(Edit: just checked, looks like the project's been canceled)
Paul
Site Admin

Postby wmyers » 09 Sep 2015, 23:40

Paul wrote:I admit I was little taken back that Sergey chose to make his first and only posts on our forum to promote his own miniatures and kickstarter. But admittedly I'm pretty chill about moderating at this point, might as well let Sergey have his moment. Best of luck to him.

How long until the forum disappears or will it be left up in posterity's sake?
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby bvandewalker » 16 Sep 2015, 00:05

Jack007 wrote:You guys; Bvandewalker & Wmyers are so Right. Dwarf and Elf interchangable limbs/ hands (short and stocky - tall and slender) lets face it, it just will not look right. To me it would be the same as if you put a Wolf head on a Jaguar.

Hmm from a company that was at first at its best a "Good miniature maker, that became a Great miniature maker, then to basically a Subcontractor for others, now being the platform for Kickstarter promotions".
(sigh) Yea.. the curtain is really coming down on a good thing. :cry:

The appearance of dwarf/elf part interchanges are actually worse than the your example, I have a minor human/dwarf part interchange and it looks wonky.

Jack, I think you and some of the other threaders are getting a little too depressed about this deal, and coming from me that is saying something. It will probably work out okay for WGF and us, and if it doesn't do what WGF wants they can always walk away from the deal. It is not the end till the fat lady sings.

Paul wrote:I admit I was little taken back that Sergey chose to make his first and only posts on our forum to promote his own miniatures and kickstarter. But admittedly I'm pretty chill about moderating at this point, might as well let Sergey have his moment. Best of luck to him.

Yeah I thought it was rather gutsy of Sergey, but look at it this way he didn't post anything that was directly competing with WGF. well except maybe the orcs in the kickstarter itself :lol: .

Since you are "chill" at the moment Paul, would it be okay for me to trade some old sci-fi/ fantasy books that my Dad has abandoned now that he has a kindle, if not, does anyone else have any suggestions.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Paul » 16 Sep 2015, 00:49

Sure :)
Paul
Site Admin

Postby bvandewalker » 16 Sep 2015, 02:07

Great, there is a lot of them. I will list at least the ones that my family has already sifted through (if it were left up to dad, I have a feeling the whole library would be up for grabs on a freebie table at some con :lol: ).
bvandewalker
Captain

Previous

Return to Painting