Books to trade

Conversations unrelated to Wargames Factory and wargaming.

Books to trade

Postby bvandewalker » 18 Sep 2015, 01:55

Okay I have a ton of old Sci-fi/Fantasy books to trade, so this is how it’s going go:

if you see some books you want on the list first publicly state on this thread which books, after that (on the same day preferable) send me a PM (with or without your offer) and I will tell the condition of said books (how banged up their covers are etc.) than after that (when negotiations are complete) I will send you the books, than once you have them you send me the item(s) you offered that we agreed was fair.

I will accept anything done by WGF (as long as it is more than sets of arms, if it is sets of arms with weapons fine), but I will also accept anything wargames related, I would prefer plastic 28mm minis (any manufacturer is fine), but I will accept other stuff (Paint, brushes, scenery, etc., heck if I don’t have them already and like the sound of them wargames related books and rulesets). So if you bought something wargame related in the past and are now thinking “what have I done? I don’t like (insert it here) at all and I can’t sell it on ebay for a price I like” or “I am never really going to use (insert it here) now that I have these”, now is the time to unload it, particularly if you see books you like in this list.

These books are all used and while all are in readable condition, some of them have seen better days, which is one of the reasons why I want to send the books to you guys first before you even send the exchange items (so if you are not happy with it you will know before sending that Huge army project or whatever).

(Oh and before you guys start, remember that I live in California so keep that in mind shipping wise if you live in Australia or some place like that :!: )

Books to trade list
Paperbacks :geek:

City of Pearl by Karen Traviss

Soldier of Light by John De Lance

The River of Time by David Brin

Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey

Kushiel’s Chosen by Jacqueline Carey

The Quantum Rose by Catheriane Asaro

The Witling by Vernor Vinge

STARDOC by S.L. Viehl

The Minotaur by Stephen Coonts

Dark Future: Demon Download by Jack Yeovil

Dark Future: Comeback Tour by Jack Yeovil

Tropic of Creation by Kay Kenyon

Countdown *M Day* by Tom Kratman

Dark Space: Book 1 of The Sentients of Orion by Marianne De Pierres

Galaxy Blues by Allen Steele

The Teeth of the Tiger by Tom Clancy

Bloodsport by William R. Burkett, Jr.

The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum

Slow Fall To Dawn by Stephen Leigh

Mission Critical: Death of the Phoenix by Paul C. Chafe

Arc Light by Eric L. Henry

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

Gravity’s Angels by Michael Swanwick

The Restoration Game by Ken Macleod

Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey

Candle by John Barns

Hard backs :ugeek:

Angelmass by Timothy Zhan

Hex by Allen Steele

War of Honor by David Weber (CD ROM is missing and no I do not know where it is)

Air Frame by Michael Crichton

Live Free or Die by John Ringo

RPG supplement :geek: :ugeek:

GURPS Traveller Planetary Survey : KAMSII the pleasure planet by Steve Jackson and Loren Wiseman

DVDs (not books but hey) 8-)

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (first 3 discs of the first season and 5 discs of the second, I am trading it as one lot plus I will throw in a chick flick surprise you can give to that female in your life, all of them are old blockbuster DVDs they still work though)

I will probably have more books to trade much later on (if fate, family and paul allows) and I currently have a bunch of comic books I am selling in lots on ebay, here is a link if anyone is interested (no trade offers for them please, just bid or buy if you see something you like :lol: ):

http://www.ebay.com/sch/bvandewalker/m. ... 7675.l2562

All book requests filled will have a business card with for spacebird.org with them (at this point the site is a glorified ad link for my sister’s webcomic :lol:), if you could pass those on instead of throwing them out I would be much obliged.
bvandewalker
Captain

Re: Books to trade

Postby bvandewalker » 28 Oct 2015, 01:54

update:
I am adding some additional paper backs :D

When Heaven Fell by William Barton

The Crown of the Blood by Gav Thorpe

Conrad’s Quest for Rubber by Leo Frankowski

King Maker The Knights of Breton Court I by Maurice Broaddus

Mechanique: A Tale of the Circus Tresaulti by Genevieve Valentine

The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett

And some new DVDs

InuYasha: Two Souls, One Body (episodes 109 thru 111), cost $9.00 or 10 unbuilt WGF figures (it is high because it is anime and new, I have another InuYasha DVD somewhere that is going to be the same price, when I find it I will add it ;) )

Also if you don’t want to trade but are still interested I am more than willing to sell books, however you will have to pay for shipping in that case (money is only worth it to me if I am making some sort of profit, you know how it is). To that end, unless you guys know of a better way, I will use ebay to facilitate such purchases.

Basically after we agree on a price I post up the book on ebay at that price and I PM you the link to the buy it now listing immediately after (I am fairly sure using an arrangement like this is within the ebay terms, since it is not a privet listing exactly and does not violate copyright laws but if any of you know otherwise please speak), There is a slight risk that another person buys your book(s) before you do, but that is unlikely (it is the reason I wrote this list up is because it is unlikely way of actually selling books :shock: :roll: ).

While I am willing to go down price/trade wise (particularly with some of the more beat up books) or up trade wise (in the unlikely event you want to get rid a bunch stuff and you just don’t want to bother ebaying), here is a price and trade value for each type of item generally.

Paper backs are $2.00 each or trade wise about one unbuilt figure plus 2 or 3 weapon options (other trade options can be accepted such as small bit mixes).

Hard backs are approximately $8.00 each or something of equal value trade wise something like a WGF Rising Sun/ Alien suns sprue or two (basically a sprue(s) with all the parts to build 5 to 6 figures again other trade options can be accepted such as small bit mixes or other other companies plastic sprues).

For the DVDs the price varies and some are going together so I will list the prices with them from now on. For the things mentioned already:

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles the assumedly incomplete set (if you know otherwise tell me) I am thinking $20.00, and trade wise something like a WGF set or ten dollars’ worth of Persian mini sprues at their old $2.50ish sale price (however I am willing to go down a bit since they are Block Buster copies, not much though).

the price for Southern Bells (the chick flick surprise) is the same as the paperbacks but I am willing to throw it in for free with any larger trade or purchase if asked. ;)

Also I am willing to trade for working English dubbed/subtitled Anime DVDs and VHSs (as long as it isn’t rated NC-17, if you know what I mean :oops: ) and comic books/manga (again as long as it isn’t rated NC-17).

P.S.We have actually run out of Spacebird.org business cards (we passed a lot out at cons and other places this year :D ) so I will just leave a link.

http://www.spacebird.org/home.html

and before you ask about samurai Cricket, it is on hiatus (read died till my artist gets off college so I or Roxanne (my little sis) can set it up on smackjeevs among other things, so that it can come back to the land of the living, yes we are still working on it :roll: )
bvandewalker
Captain

Re: Books to trade

Postby bvandewalker » 30 Nov 2016, 23:57

I will be selling some (or all) of the books and other items listed here Dec 3rd at a big Glen Mar garage sale. If you are in the OC area you can check it out. I well up date the list after the sale ;)
bvandewalker
Captain

Return to Off Topic!