Survivors conversions

Share your conversion (mashup) projects with the community!

Survivors conversions

Postby Mathyoo » 07 Mar 2014, 02:19

Hello guys,

recently I've bought a pack of male apocalypse survivors. While I had them planned for my zombie games, I got even better idea (don't we all? :D). As I was just planning to jump into modern Imagi-nation, I've decided to use this kit to make my insurgents.

The plan was very basic. Turn the survivors into insurgents with assault rifles, light machine guns and RPGs (or similar sort of weapon :P). I've used Force on Force Quick start rules as a guide line to what I'd need. I used up all 27 adults and I've ended up with three RPGs, three LMGs and 4 or 5 leaders. The rest are grunts.

The conversion is a quick job, given how many of them there is. Here are the first three I got painted. The conversion works include vest/backpack, an AK had barrel replaced for an RPK and the guy with "RPG" got a scratch built RB M57.

WIP photos can be seen in the February and March posts on my blog

Also, the attachments aren't working as the files are too big. Anyone knows how I could make it that only thumbnails appears, so you don't have to watch the enormous photos every time I post? :D
Mathyoo
Cadet

Re: Survivors conversions

Postby Lonnie » 07 Mar 2014, 05:44

Those are great conversions Mathyoo! I've also seen some nice work using our Persians (Legacy of the Greeks) http://wargamesfactory.com/webstore/legacy-of-the-greeks/persian-infantry with either modern weapons added or heads put on the survivor set (for some quick and dirty Taliban action). Keep 'em coming!
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Brummie » 10 Mar 2014, 13:03

Great job Mathyoo, I'm looking for some partially clothed or fur clad figures to kit bash with the modern survivors to make some tribal type apocalypse survivors.
Brummie

Postby mrinku » 12 Mar 2014, 03:00

Lonnie may be referring to these of mine: :)

And good work on your own guys there!
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Mathyoo » 15 Mar 2014, 15:33

Thanks for the compliments guys!
I had never thought about using Persians as Taliban, but those are fantastic Mrinku, great work! I really like the one pointing his AK upwards, what a great idea!

also, here are another three that I've managed to get painted:
Mathyoo
Cadet

Postby Jack007 » 18 Mar 2014, 18:27

Mathyoo
Really Nice Work. Keep the pics coming.
Great idea going with "home grown" insurgents. We tend to forget, 'the guy next door" can be a 'highly motivated, under educated and worst emotionally irritated", first rate nut-ball just the same as the guys on the other side of the world.

One question, how did you get the 'pavement' look on the bases? Nice.

Best about these figures, you can always fall back to Plan-B, and use them as inteneded, "Apoc Survivors" (double duty at one price) Again, please feel free to share more pics.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Mathyoo » 02 Apr 2014, 05:56

Thanks Jack!

Sorry for a late reply, I was working on other projects and haven't yet shown any more painted ones.

In few minutes, I'll post last of the converted unpainted miniatures on my blog at http://mathyoo28mm.blogspot.com/, where you can see them before they get painted.
The bases are straight out of the box, I just painted them brown with light brown drybrush. I plan on adding some grass eventually, but I'll do that en masse when I'm done painting them.

I've noticed I haven't shown one of the trios, so here's the missing photo:
Mathyoo
Cadet

Postby Potter » 02 Apr 2014, 06:22

Wow looking good-I have to get me some of these.....(adds to list)
Potter
Cadet

Postby robbie038 » 28 May 2015, 03:36

I was thinking of adepting the Sangin Skirmish rules , and converting some of the the survivor minis into Jagged Alliance carracters . (Ivan , Grunty and Father walker should be very easy)
robbie038
Crewman

Postby robbie038 » 22 Jun 2015, 15:39

I'm having some problems converting the trenchcoat guys . especialy if I try to give one a PKM Support machinegun , too a large extent the problems stem from the way the upperbody is positioned. I think a try the FN-Mag perhaps it will work. I use some weapons from the assault group and by others to extent the range of weapons used.
robbie038
Crewman

Next

Return to Kit and Figure Conversions