Wargames Factory Bases

General wargaming related discussions.

Wargames Factory Bases

Postby Spencer » 03 Feb 2016, 15:27

I really liked the Wargames Factory bases. They were affordable and they were thin; so they were good for historical war gaming. I used the bases for tons of miniatures but eventually I ran out of them. Unfortunately the Wargames Factory store is no longer open and Warlord games does not have the bases on their store. I have messaged Warlord games and someone might look into getting some of the bases on the Warlord games store. I'm not sure if that will happen though, so if anyone from Wargames factory knows of a way to still purchase the bases, it would be appreciated.

-thanks
Spencer

Re: Wargames Factory Bases

Postby wmyers » 09 Feb 2016, 23:33

Sorry Spencer, I can't help you with the bases. You could/should try writing to Warlord Games and ask them what happened to the extra Wargames Factory stock. You could also try to write to Dreamforge Games.

Personally, I use nickels for 28mm (they are a lot cheaper than washers (and even plastic for some reason!) and many are magnetic - just pick the right years! - and they add weight to the figures) and pennies for 1/72 figures. They are both thin but with the added advantage of weight.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Spencer » 10 Feb 2016, 23:17

I've tried messaging warlord games but I'll give Dreamforge games a shot. Thanks for the advice about the bases; that's a good idea, I'll have to try it out!
Spencer

Postby Strawhat » 11 Feb 2016, 00:02

I would keep an eye on Warlord. The new Special Forces miniatures that come from Project Z do not have bases included on the sprues...the bases are going to have to come from somewhere!

Don't ask why I keep making the Z red, it just seems like something I have to do.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Jack007 » 23 Feb 2016, 19:24

Spencer wrote:I really liked the Wargames Factory bases. ..but eventually I ran out of them. Unfortunately the W F store is no longer open and Warlord games does not have the bases.. I have messaged Warlord games and someone might look into getting some of the bases on the Warlord games store. I'm not sure if that will happen though,.

Spencer,
I have not personally gotten ANY bases from WL, but I have been "told" by those who have ordered some miniature's, not too long ago, that they were Changing to a 'ridge-like' base. If this is the case, I would say your not going to find any of the old WF style from them. Try Ebay or the Warstore?
Best of luck
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby bvandewalker » 24 Feb 2016, 03:21

They are not WGF, but you could try out Proxy Models bases, they sell all sorts shapes and sizes for reasonable prices:

http://www.proxiemodels.com/store2/inde ... path=20_27

Eccentric miniatures, victrix and renedra all sell separate bases as well. You could also try a teacher supplies/educational store, see if any of the counters would work for you. ;)
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby HalberKill » 24 Feb 2016, 10:16

Rendara does have round flat bases that are very close to what WGF sold in their store. You can find them on the Perry miniatures site, but strangely not on the Warlord Games site.

Halber
HalberKill
Crewman

Postby Strawhat » 24 Feb 2016, 19:06

Jack007 wrote:Spencer,
I have not personally gotten ANY bases from WL, but I have been "told" by those who have ordered some miniature's, not too long ago, that they were Changing to a 'ridge-like' base. If this is the case, I would say your not going to find any of the old WF style from them. Try Ebay or the Warstore?
Best of luck

Lipped bases? Ugh. I do not like those.

I know it would be strange, but I hope that they still keep normal disks for Project Z.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Return to General Discussions